Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 4 - Yoga

I like yoga. I like it a lot. However, I did not, I repeat, did not, like this yoga DVD. I know I need to make friends with it since it will be hanging out with me every Wednesday for the next 12 weeks, but it kinda put a negative spin on my day today.

First, I would like to think I know a little about yoga since since I've been doing it off and on since college but I had a hard time following it. The first 45 minutes you spend in Down Dog or some variation of your head near the ground and your eyes facing your toes, not the TV, so I didn't feel like I got anything out of it other than tweaking my neck to figure out what was going on.

Secondly, I was really hungry so I got up, started the video, got mad and hot and nauseous so I stopped it and went downstairs to eat. For those who know me, mad and hungry do not mix well.

After breakfast I decided to give it another go, but got just as ticked as the as the first time so I sat down in the middle of the floor and just watched it....the remaining 50 minutes...which sucked, but at least now I know what to expect.

Luckily for me, Body Flow was today at the gym, so I got Lauren off to school, and at least got some resemblance of a workout in.

The rest of my day followed in the footsteps of the morning and I pretty much had a sour attitude all day....luckily for my coworkers, sour = sarcastic and funny to them, so they had a lot of fun at my expense today.

My song of the day was by Zebrahead's...."Hello Tomorrow"...and tomorrow I will welcome with a brand new attitude....and workout!!

No comments: