That's a lot of numbers huh? Well, they all mean something significant. Let me share them with you.
5/1 - Today's date. Happy May Day!
365 - Actually, I don't know the exact date, but sometime last April I made a choice to switch to a vegetarian diet, so the 365 represents my one year anniversary of my decision. I feel great, both physically and emotionally, knowing that I am choosing to live the most compassionate and healthy life that I can. This past February we discovered that Lauren had a milk allergy, nothing severe but enough to make her tummy hurt all the time, so we switched our consumption of milk over to almond milk. At that same time, I also switched to a primarily vegan diet and have eliminated cooking with and buying eggs, milk, cheese and butter. My family has been skeptical at best, however, I recently had blood work done and the results have been better than ever. Lauren is working really hard on being vegetarian and she is really expanding her palate to include a number of delicious dishes that are completely vegan. The books that started my journey for me were Kathy Freston's "Quantum Wellness" and more recently her book "Veganist". She is a firm believer of the lean-into-it method. Small changes that don't happen over night. I have also been an avid reader for the last 365 days and have read probably upwards of 20-30 books this past year on nutrition, health & wellness, animal cruelty and the global environment so the decisions I have made I feel have been educated ones.
110- The number of days left until the 2011 Warrior Dash in Copper Mountain. Yep, I'm a little nervous about it. I've been working out at the gym taking classes, walking and other things but with just 3 1/2 months left, I feel like I need to up my game a little which leads me to the next number.
90 - Actually, it is P90X. An extreme 90 day workout program that focuses on muscle confusion, strength and endurance. Perfect for the up and coming Warrior Dash. If you are interested in learning more about the program, here is their website - www.beachbody.com
Matt and I are only utilizing the workout portion, not the nutrition or supplement program...I think that is plenty.
1 - Day 1 of P90X started today with Chest and Back (aka pull-up and push-ups) and Ab Ripper. I finished mine already and I know Lauren will have to do my hair tomorrow because I won't be able to lift my arms above my head. Good news, you only do it for 3 weeks on Sunday's, so two more to go for a while.
Crazy - I know, but why not push yourself to find and be your best self?
Easy Vegan Lasagna Soup
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment