Let me tell you that this waking up at 5:00 am to workout is for the birds. I actually had been pretty good up until today, but as I was lying in bed this morning, I had the mental debate of should I hit the snooze button and just do it later or should I suck it up and get up and go do it. Normally, I would have all day until 12:00 to get it done but today was a field trip day and I needed to be at the school by 8:45 am. So here I am, in bed and I decided that I should "just do it" as Nike says, so I rolled out of bed and headed into the workout room.
I must say, I was pretty proud of myself because I doubled most of my weights (5 to 10 lbs but hey...it's still an improvement). Remarkably, I was not sore this morning, nor am I sore tonight. I'm not sure if my body is just getting used to the workout or if I'm doggin' it and just don't realize it, but Matt said he wasn't that sore either. I have been going to Body Flow after my workouts on Monday and Wednesday and that is such a great relaxing, centering and stretching class that it could be helping with the soreness or the awesome massage I got last Thursday, who knows, but it is nice to put in an hour of work and not be paying for it all day.
Tomorrow is YOGA, so hopefully it is better than last week. I'm already prepping myself for it with positive affirmations and visualization....I have to get through the 90 minutes somehow right?
I mentioned above that today was field trip day and we spent the entire day outside at Connected Lakes State Park in the wind, rain and sleet (with brief periods of sunshine mixed in) running in a bird migration game, looking at the nesting Great Horned Owl with her three babies through a spotting scope and cleaning up weeds and tamarisk in the restoration area.
After school, Lauren and I made a fabulous vegan Pad Thai (first time trying Thai food for all of us). Lauren made the sauce (which was super tasty) and I prepped and cooked the veggies, tofu and rice noodles. It was AWESOME! Lauren had three helpings and Matt even liked it. The flavor was outstanding, especially if you added a touch of fresh lemon and cilantro.
Oh, and on Mother's Day I was tasked with preparing 50 wedding cupcakes for my brother's wedding in October, but the bride is still unsure what she wants, with the exception of the vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting we had for the April birthdays. So Lauren and I will be experimenting with a number of different cupcakes and frosting flavors (all vegan of course). So far, the bride also wants a Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcake and two other flavors. I'm thinking of trying a simple yellow cake with an Orange Butter Cream, a Macha Green Tea cupcake, or a Lime Coconut Cupcake. But the date is October 1st so I might go with a Chai Tea Latte cupcake or a pumpkin and cream cheese frosting cupcake. Who knows...hopefully I don't gain a lot of weight during this trial period. I'm sure my coworkers and neighbors will be willing participants in the taste testing though.
Easy Vegan Lasagna Soup
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment