Saturday, July 16, 2011

CSA # 6 - 7/16/11

We picked up our 6th CSA Farm Share today and we are excited about the variety of produce coming out. We got some of the first peaches of the season and other great veggies. This summer has been quite a bit cooler than years past with a lot more rain than normal, so I guess I wasn't too surprised that I had to wear a jacket out at the farm this morning even though it was 9:30 am. Can't complain though, the landscape in Junction is so beautiful with all this rain.
Here is what we got:

2 bags of Gourmet Salad Blend
1 bag of kale
1 bunch of rainbow swiss chard
2 1/2 lbs of heirloom tomatoes
1 head of red cabbage
4 summer squash (2 patty pan and 2 crook neck)
9 carrots
1 extra large zucchini
1 cucumber
1 kohlrabi
3 peaches
Posted by Picasa

No comments: