Okay - so I haven't been the best at posting pictures and updates on the blog lately. Between the Girls on the Run Practice 5K and Taylor dying after Christmas a lot happened. Lauren ran the GOTR 5k and finished it in 30 minutes, Lauren also had her Annie production, Matt and I turned 36, we spent Thanksgiving week in Las Vegas, took a party bus Christmas light tour with the whole family (14 of us), and had a wonderful Christmas and Christmas break, and I completed my 520 miles in 2010 challenge by doing 187 miles in the month of December and celebrated New Year's with my parents. I headed back to work on 1/3, Lauren went back to school on 1/4 and here we are on 1/16.
Tomorrow is a big day for us, Matt begins his 12 week Gold's Gym challenge and we (Matt, Lauren and I) start our 4 week Sugar Challenge. We have decided to go without processed sugars or anything that has "sugar" in the ingredient list. We have cleaned out the cupboards, the fridge and freezer (you would be shocked at how much sugar is in condiments) and we are ready to go. The reward for our challenge is a trip to the Glenwood Springs Hot Springs Pool and Lauren gets to take a friend. We have never been there in the winter so it should be fun.
The final challenge that we have taken on is training for the 2011 Warrior Dash in Copper Mountain on 8/20. I think we are bit crazy, but I have to tell you, I feel a great sense of accomplishment completing my 520 in 2010 challenge, but more so doing the 187 miles in one month, so I know I can finish this challenge. What is it you ask?....besides insane....here is the link... http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_rockies.php
Wish us luck and here is to the new adventures that 2011 brings!!!
Easy Vegan Lasagna Soup
2 years ago

3 comments:
Those are some hefty challenges you guys! The warrior dash looks awesome! It looks like a lot of fun. So the no sugar for a month goal blows me away...are you including no natural sugars as well, such as in fruit? And how about sugars in milk and bread? Kudos to you guys and good luck!
The no sugar thing is processed sugar. We decided that evaporated cane juice, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, tapioca syrup, honey and pure maple sugar are okay. Also, fruits and anything with naturally occuring sugars are fine.
Bread has to be made with honey and you can actually find chocolate made with evaporated cane juice. The hardest part is no candy or ice cream or cookies or cupcakes or desserts in general, but so far, it hasn't been too bad. It's hard though when you go somewhere and they have a tray of goodies set out or bowls of candy.
Long story short, if it says sugar or corn syrup varieties in the ingredients list, it's a no.
I can make a killer honey kissed whipped cream with some fresh berries though!!
That's awesome! Man, I have been the opposite of you guys today. I craved sugar this morning so I had lucky charms cereal, and I craved ice cream tonight :)
I bet it's hard to avoid the processed sugars, because they're everywhere, but that's helpful that you've been able to incorporate the natural sugars.
The whipped cream and berries sounds both delish and healthy. Best of luck! Do you finish this month?
Post a Comment