Here we are, May 6th. We are about 7 weeks into spring and only 6 weeks away from the first day of summer and I am working downstairs getting the kitchen cleaned up, puppies resting comfortably in their beds and the fire place is on, keeping the house a nice cozy temperature while my poor plants must endure yet another night of freezing temperatures under their blankets, mason jars, towels and table cloths. Yep...who would have thought that we would actually have the fire place on in May and not the swamp cooler. We had temperatures in the high 20's over the weekend. Luckily, Matt and I diligently went out every evening about 7:15 and did our plant covering routine, so we haven't lost anything yet. I, thankfully, have still not planted my tomato plants, but I really do need to get them in the ground, they don't really like hanging out on the back deck in their little peat pots. Same goes for the pepper plants. Oh well, it is what it is. We will just go with the flow and be thankful that we get at least a few warm days here and there....before long, the swamp cooler will be running full blast and my warm blooded dogs and I will be hanging out outside because it is usually FREEZING inside. : )-
No comments:
Post a Comment