Sunday, October 4, 2009

www.freecycle.org

Howdy F & F's. We just finished giving away all of our firewood to a family that needed it for the winter that we found on Craigslist. Nice couple. Anyway, we were talking about how great places like Craigslist are that have free and wanted sections so you can give away things you don't need or find people who need something that you have. Anyway, they gave me the name of website that only allows you to post FREE items on it. It works as a Yahoo group and each area has it's own volunteer that runs the group, so you have sign up for it, but, it is free. They also screen your membership (to avoid any commercial companies or scammers), so I haven't been accepted yet, but they do have lots of groups across the company. Working for the school district and having a teeny tiny budget for the year, I thought it would be a great way to scan for items that we may need, without actually asking parents and the community for donations all the time. The couple said there is a lot of great stuff on our GJ site. If you get a chance, check it out. Who knows what you might come across. I like to think of it as one continuous treasure hunt.....HAPPY HUNTING!

1 comment:

hllewis said...

Sounds like a cool site. I used Craigslist to get rid of a lot of things this past summer. It is cool to give them to people who really need them. I will check out the site.