Thursday, October 1, 2009

Catching Up

Hey Family and Friends....it's been a crazy and busy couple of weeks. It started the week after Labor Day with me coming down with the H1N1 virus. Yep....that's what I get for working in an oozing cesspool of germs called an elementary school. I'm 99.9% sure that is where I caught it, but it also could have been the gym. Hard to say....good news is that I survived and just this week I was strong enough to head back to the gym and not hack up a lung.

Sooo.....I thought I would get everyone caught up on what went on during the month of September.

Scooter is adjusting to the Lewis house just fine and has seemed to find a number of snuggle spots that don't include our lap.





Lauren has been working on her front flips on the trampoline. She's almost there.



We also started looking on Craigslist for a jeep....after all, we found Scooter on Craigslist and he's been great...so why not look for a car as well. We are really trying to buckle down and get ready for next year...which looks to be a difficult year budget wise for the school district and the county and by selling Matt's truck, we can buy another vehicle and pay off the motorcycle and put a little bit of money into savings. Anyway, we found the jeep...in Denver...so last week on Monday, Matt went and test drove it and came back in love with it, so Saturday we drove to Denver to buy it. It actually is a great vehicle and when we got back, we found out the service contract the previous owner had on the jeep was really like a full extended warranty good for the next two years...so here are pictures of the drive over to Denver (Vail to be specific) and the jeep. We stayed with Holly and Larry...thank you for that..., so you will need to check out Holly's blogspot for additional pictures of the jeep and the fun that Lauren and Sarah had.





Finally, we had our first frost last night and the temperatures this morning were down right cold. About 35 degrees at 8:00 a.m. Needless to say, we've always known that Scooter was susceptible to the cold, but it was really, really noticeable today and Matt finally gave in and decided it was best if we got something for Scooter to wear that would keep him warm. We looked at Target and found a cute sweater and jacket for when he goes outside, but it wasn't exactly what Matt had in mind, so we headed over to PetsMart and below are some pictures of Scooters new threads. He instantly loved it...it was like he knew it was going to keep him warm and stop the shivering (it is so pathetic to watch a dog shiver).



Well, that should about catch us up. Work for both of us is going good and we are truly thankful that we are both employed and healthy (minus the swine flu thing). Lauren is doing great in school and the rest of the family is doing great too. As soon as we sell the camper, we can settle in for a long winter's nap....I mean....we can settle in and sit tight and just be thankful that we have each other. I wanted to thank all of you for everything you have done for us this past year...for the thoughts and prayers when Grandpa was in the hospital to the friendships and good times and family visits and birthdays and everything. I wish you the best of luck in the months to come and we want you all to know how grateful we are to have the best friends and family in the world.

October is a very busy month, between work for Matt and I, Girls on the Run and Basketball, and Choir and school for Lauren...and the HOA for me and school stuff for all of us....I think we have something written down for everyday during this month...I will try my best to get photos posted more than once a month....but who knows....the holiday season is fast approaching and when that happens...time flies by in a blink of an eye.

Thanks again and love ya all.


Oh yeah - the name for this background is Jeepers Creepers and I thought it fitting given the whole new jeep thing and all.

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

I'm so glad we got to see you guys!! =) Love Matt's jeep...good job shopping around!!