Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend Fun!!

After a long day on Saturday shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot, replacing the bath tub fixtures in Lauren's bathroom and installing new locks on the exterior doors, Matt and Taylor decided to spend some quiet time in the front room snuggling, while Lauren and her friend, Delani, had a sleepover. They went to bed right on time and fell asleep fast after filling their tummies with pizza and koolaid and watching the movie Flipper. However, I heard them rustling around and saw some lights flicker, so I got out of bed, went downstairs (that's where they ended up) and found them playing Wii at 3:33 a.m. The funny part was that they thought I came down to get them breakfast and asked me to make them pancakes. After convincing them that it was still the middle of the night, getting them back into bed and then heading to bed myself, I completely forgot it was daylight savings time and so it was really 4:45 a.m. by the time I got back to bed. : )- Here is a picture of the girls once I got up for good this morning.


Today we went back to Lowe's (WE LOVE HOME IMPROVEMENT!!!!) and picked up 88 12 inch pavers to set and level for the new shed we plan on putting in the back yard and Lauren practiced mastering her front flip on the trampoline. Needless to say, we are sore and tired and although Matt has to go back to work tomorrow, Lauren and I plan on sleeping in!!!

2 comments:

hllewis said...

That's too funny!!! Bad mommy won't fix breakfast at 3:30 in the morning:):)

The Cook Clan said...

Man, you guys have been busy!! Can't wait to come down and see you in a few weeks!! I won't recognize your house with all the changes =D

Sleepovers...gotta love them =D